Anke - Flamenco Dressmaking
Me in the sewing studio

What can I do for you?

I regularly make custom flamenco outfits for clients in all parts of the world. But maybe you are sewing yourself or know someone who does and prefer having your flamenco dance costume made locally.
I remember well how I started here in Spain. I had been sewing since I was a little girl but I didn’t know what an authentic flamenco dance costume was made of, what fabrics to use, what types of ruffles, how to cut sleeves so that they allow the freedom of movement required for dancing, how to make a bata de cola etc.
I have learnt a lot since then and this website is here to give you the resources you need to sew authentic flamenco dance costumes:
  • digital sewing patterns
  • general tips about flamenco outfits
  • sewing instructions and tutorials
  • reviews of books and tools I recommend

The woman behind flamencodressmaking.com

Hello, I’m Anke Herrmann – dressmaker, programmer, translator, dog lover, with an addiction to learning.
I am from Germany and have lived in Australia and the UK before, in 2004, I decided to leave the corporate world behind, move to Spain and turn a dream into reality: to combine two passions of mine – sewing and flamenco – as a dressmaker for flamenco artists, creating made to measure outfits for professional flamenco dancers, singers and flamenco enthusiasts from Andalusia and all over the world.
Please check out my Flamencreaciones website to find out more about my work.
Anke - Flamenco Dressmaking
Me having a coffee in towndigital sewing pattern
If you have any questions or comments please feel free to contact me.